Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions that the Regional Parks Department receives. Click on the question to see the answer.


Yes. You may bring motorized boats, pontoons, fishing boats, Seadoos, kayaks and canoes to enjoy at Moabi Regional Park in Needles. Boats may also be rented at the Moabi Marina through Pirate Cove Resorts and Marina. Kayaks and canoes only may be launched at Lake Gregory and Prado Regional Park.

Yes. Regional parks are opened year-round with the exception of bad weather conditions and all parks are closed on Christmas Day. NOTE: Mojave Narrows is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

A regional park annual pass is $125 and is good at any park with the exception of Lake Gregory, Moabi and Calico Ghost Town.  The pass may be used park entry with the exception of holidays and special events.

Yes. Bounce Houses are allowed, however special liability insurance must be purchased from the Park’s office before you are able to put it up and a shelter reservation is required.

The water parks are open from Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day. Hours and days of operation vary by park.

Calico is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except for Christmas Day.

Calico Ghost Town has an annual Family Pass for $50.00 The pass is valid for twelve months from date of purchase allowing a family of up to 4 persons admission into the park on regular business days. A family will not be able to use the Family Pass during Calico’s Festival Weekends and Special Events.

The only mine that may be toured is Maggie’s Mine. All other mines at Calico are extremely hazardous and must not be approached for any reason.


Trout, Catfish, Bass and Crappie are found in most of our lakes.  On occasion, one may find Blue Gill.  Our lakes are stocked by the California Department of Fish and Game and during Trout and Catfish Season the lakes are additionally stocked by the Regional Parks Department.

Yes. A State Fishing License is required. These can be purchased online from the Department of Fish and Game. Click here or at sporting goods stores such as Bass Pro Shops, and Big 5.

Special Events

While most events scheduled at our parks only require a shelter reservation, some might require an Interim Use Permit (IUP). An IUP can take 90-120 days to process. To determine if your event is a normal shelter reservation or an IUP please answer the below questions.

  1. Will your event be held more than one day, including set-up and tear-down times?
  2. Will you have more than 300 people in attendance?
  3. Will you have more than one food vendor/cater? Personal potlucks or barbecues do not qualify.
  4. Will your event include more than one (1) inflatable or carnival style activity, including live animals?
  5. Will you have a walk/run course through the park?
  6. Will you be serving or selling alcohol?
  7. Will your event take place outside of normal park operating hours?

If you answered “no” to all of these questions please contact the park you are interested in and speak to staff about a normal shelter reservation, however if you answered “yes” to one or more of the questions your event will require an Interim Use Permit (IUP).

To begin the reservation for an IUP you must complete and submit the Interim Use Permit Application here.

Once the application is returned with payment, if available, we will place a hold on your requested date(s).

If the dates are not available we will contact you prior to processing the payment. Based on the information provided in the IUP Application, a quote will be developed and a fee will be established. Once both parties agree on the price and event details we transfer the quote into an IUP which allows you to use the facility.

NOTE: For Glen Helen Regional Park, all events at the Park are subject to being usurped by the Glen Helen Amphitheater. While the COUNTY has made every effort to notify the Pavilion operators regarding this Event, the COUNTY will not be liable for expenses or cost associated with the actions of the Amphitheater. The COUNTY will make a reasonable effort to reschedule the Event to another time slot if the Amphitheater imposes such action.

Calico Ghost Town Special Event Reservation are six months prior.

If you require an Interim Use Permit (IUP), yes. The County of San Bernardino requires a Certificate of Liability naming the County as additionally insured. The insurance specifications are attached and below is important items you need to be aware of when obtaining your insurance certificate:

When completing the required Certificate of Liability naming the County as additionally insured please make sure to include the following sentence in the Description Box, County of San Bernardino its officers, employees, agents, and volunteers are named as additional insured’s with respect to liabilities arising out of the performance of services here under (EVENT NAME) on (EVENT DATE) at the following location: PARK ADDRESS

The box indicating the Certificate Holder should indicate San Bernardino County Regional Parks, 777 East Rialto Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0763. Please do not put the park address in this location.

The Certificate of Liability must include the endorsement attachment or it is not valid.

Yes. If you require an Interim Use Permit (IUP), then you need to contact the City.

  • Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park
    • Contact: City of Ontario Planning Department at 909.395.2036
  • Prado Regional Park
    • Contact: City of Chino Planning Department at 909.334.3263

Yes. Additional portable toilets, light towers, and/or trash receptacles may be required based on the number of attendees and hours of your event.

Yes. It is your responsibility to obtain and maintain throughout the event all necessary permits, licenses, and approvals from applicable federal, state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (security), San Bernardino County Environmental Health Services (sanitation, food/drink), California Highway Patrol (traffic), Caltrans (freeway access), San Bernardino County Transportation (roadways), and the California Division of Forestry; as required for any use allowed by COUNTY.


Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.

No. The sites are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check the reservation website regularly here.

The maximum length time of stay is 14 days in any 30-day period. Eligibility resets 14 days from checkout in order to make new camping reservations.

There is tent camping available at the following locations:

  • Calico
  • Glen Helen
  • Mojave Narrows
  • Mojave River Forks
  • Prado
  • Yucaipa